Let Leaping Dogs Fly

Woman, mother, scientist, wife, human. I post occasionally about any and all of these things. Whatever strikes my fancy.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Officially not eloping!

Well folks, it's official: Mike and I will not be eloping. Despite our best efforts at avoiding the whole "wedding planning" hoo-ha, we've made an actual reservation with an actual place to have an actual ceremony. Actual save-the-date cards will be in the mail soon to let you know the actual date (Saturday, May 27, around 3pm). It's a great victory in the battle against entropy, though I worry we might swing the universe out of balance if we do any more planning.

In other news, I've added the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS to the list of schools I'm considering for my doctoral work. According to Mike, K-State is officially the worst possible place I could ever force him to live, so I'm secretly rooting for an acceptance letter from them, just to be difficult. Seriously, though, dear readers, can you please talk to Mike and convince him that his life won't be coming to an end if we move to Kansas? I haven't had any luck with this and it's making me want to kick him in the shins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home