Let Leaping Dogs Fly

Woman, mother, scientist, wife, human. I post occasionally about any and all of these things. Whatever strikes my fancy.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Don't let the tree hit you on your way out the door

An addendum to yesterday's glorious weather: severe thunderstorms. I love spring, I just don't love temperature inversions. One of the large trees in our side yard lost a significant portion of its upper half during a gusty period. Fortunately, the house and Mike's truck weren't damaged. Neither of us were home when it came down, but the noise must have been of the 'big-scary-bang' variety because the cat and the dog were still hiding when we got home after our classes. The cat later spent a considerable amount of time telling us that she was in no way responsible for making the tree fall. I suppose I believe her; she sounded far more sincere than that time she tried to convince us that she wasn't on the counter eating leftover Mac 'N Cheese (though we had caught her in the act).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home